We are on a special coverage for the SAG Awards on Sunday January 25th. You can check out how to watch the Screen Actors Guild Awards online, for instance, and now we are going to show you some interesting facts and data about the SAG Awards
The SAG Awards By the Numbers
To create a dramatic arrivals area, impressive set and intimate dinner setting for the world’s leading actors who
are gathering on Sunday, Jan. 25, at the Shrine Exposition Center, the SAG Awards® will…
- Lay 16,476.145 square feet of red carpet in the arrivals area, edged by 444.1 lineal feet of 3′-tall hedge and 337.11 lineal feet of 8′-tall trees.
- Lay 11,800 square feet of black carpet in the interior Shrine entrance and the showroom.
- Drape the interior Shrine entrance with 5,500 feet of gold fabric punctuated by eight silver-accented white columns that will be echoed onstage and utilize 15,000 square feet of black drape to cover the showroom walls and block sunlight.
- Post five 10’ Actor® statues along the red carpet and onstage.
- On the stage, install 700 feet of steel tubing to support 120 running feet of 22’-high set walls punctuated by eight gold and ivory fluted columns and a central radiating sunburst. Two stepped deco arches will be accented by 30 feet of translucent etched fins. Crowning the stage will be 400 feet of gold-leafed deco molding, illuminated by 400 feet of warm white neon tubing.
- Float a 20’-wide “silver screen” framed by a platinum screen-surround illuminated by 80 feet of embedded LED lights at center stage in front of 200 running feet of 30’-high fiber-optic star cloth.
- Line the stage floor with 150 4’x8’ sheets of black Formica.
- Above the stage hang three antique chrome and glass art deco chandeliers that will be echoed by the five chandeliers hung from the Expo Hall’s ornate ceiling.
- Place 3,600 pieces Regency crystal stemware, 2,400 pieces Scalini silver plated flatware and 1,200 Coupe black china chargers on 86 rectangular dinner tables and over 2,000 glasses at two 16’beverage bars and two wine tasting bars.
- Create custom table coverings from 800 yards of black silk, accented by runners made from 800 yards of gunmetal crushed silk, complemented by 1,200 black and gunmetal Dior-style pinstriped 22-inch square napkins made from 200 yards of black-lined textured fabric.
- Soften black Chiavari guest chairs with 1,200 black padded seat cushions.
- To create a visual statement for each of the tables, florals will include over 100 exotic phaeleanopsis orchids highlighted by over 1,500 white miniature calla lilies, supplemented with over 3000 imported white orchids, enhanced with over 2500 white Ecuadorian roses and accented with over 500 stems of chartreuse hydrangea, arranged in more than 100 rectangular containers in wood and glass.
Elements of dramatic foliage and succulents create movement, depth, and texture, completing the European contemporary look.
So… what do you think about this upcoming awards?