Any good Bromance can make an ok show good and a good show great; and a good bromance can make a great show awesome, so now it´s time to analyze the best bromances on TV and make a top twenty out of them.
A bromance describes the complicated love and affection shared by two males on a close non-sexual relationship.
The epitome of a Bromance are tha classic pairings of Chandler and Joey, Jerry and George, House and Wilson and even Alf and Willie, but today´s television has a lot of great bromances. Let´s see if you share my ranking.
Top Twenty Bromances on TV these days
I am going to start with the best bromances that are on TV these days in shows that are currently airing or in between seasons. We´ll also discuss about shows that have ended.
- Psych – Shawn and Gus: In what´s the most awesome pair of bros these days on TV we cannot put another pair that´s better than Shawn and Gus from Psych. They cannot live without each other, they finish each other sentences and they make the other one better. It´s a Bromance at its best.
- How I Met Your Mother – Ted and Marshall and Barney: It´s not a Bromance, it´s a Brosome, as they are three Bros in it. Barney bringing the awesome and the Legendary to the mix, while Ted and Marshall are the epitome of the best friends.
- White Collar – Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke: They started off as nemesis and now they are besties. One of the biggest reasons to watch White Collar.
- Burn Notice – Michael Westen and Sam Axe: When you put your life on the line every week, you need to trust in your Bro. There´s no better bros for this than Michael Westen and Sam Axe.
- Community – Troy and Abed: Ranging from their own imaginary morning show to their rapping efforts. Almost every episode ends with a little pill from them, making the show funnier.
- Castle – Ryan and Esposito: They are supportning actors, but their relationship and bromance is what makes the show great.
- The Big Bang Theory – Raj and Howard: Their bromance has been going on for several seasons, and now that Howard is married, there´s a new challenge for their love.
- Mike and Molly – Mike and Carl: They are goofy, but they are great together. They make for a very funny twosome.
- White Collar – Neal and Mozzie: Partners in crime, and perfect at it. One could easily argue that this bromance is more awesome than the one between Neal and Peter. They are both top ten for sure.
- Wilfred – Ryan and Wilfred: After all, dogs are men´s best friends. And in this case, Wilfred and Ryan have a unique relationship, a mixture between bromance and obsession.
- Franklin and Bash – Franklin and Bash: They are bros, and their bromance gives the name to the show. Breckin Meyer and Mark Paul Goselaar have great chemistry and it shows.
- Walden and Alan – Two and a Half Men: When it was Charlie and Alan, they were brothers, now Alan and Walden are bros, and they have a bromance that is keeping this long time show afloat.
- Merlin and Arthur – Merlin: In this rediscovery of the traditional tale of King Arthur and Merlin the Wizard, they are two young bros in the kingdom.
- Sheldon and Leonard – The Big Bang Theory: They have a roommate agreement, but after all the weirdness, they are friends and bros in their own unique way.
- Tracy and Kenneth – 30 Rock: They are another special kind of bros. They have an asymetrical relationship, but they make for many of the laughs in 30 Rock.
- Grizz and DotCom – 30 Rock: They are the perfect example of Bros. Were they lead on the show and they´d be higher on the ranking.
- Harvey and Mike – Suits: One is the boss, the power is asymetrical; but they have enough bro elements as to be in this list of bromances.
- McGarrett and Danno – Hawaii 5-0: Having this bromance and the soundtrack the show has, and it´s already a good show to watch. Add that it happens in Hawaii and there´s a lot of beach-ware only add to it.
- Andy and Bobby – Cougar Town: This is a Bromance in the full sense of the word. They love each other so much. They could be higher on this list too.
- Alex and Mark – Whitney: Finally, this twosome is what makes this show funny. They are bros and they make it to this top twenty list.
TOP TWENTY five BROMANCES ON TV shows that are ended
Bromances are not only in shows that are currently airing, so I´ve compiled a list of 25 bromances on TV shows that have ended.
- Joey and Chandler – Friends
- JD and Turk – Scrubs
- House and Wilson – House
- Jerry Seinfeld and George Costanza – Seinfeld
- Batman and Robin – Batman
- Kirk and Spock – Star Trek
- Hiro and Ando – Heroes
- Chuck Bartowski and Morgan Grimes – Chuck
- Kevin and Paul – The Wonder Years
- Seth and Ryan – The OC
- Starsky and Hutch – Starsky and Hutch
- Baracus and Murdock – The A-Team
- Sonny Crocket and Rico Tubbs – Miami Vice
- Jeff and Lester – Chuck
- Norm and Cliff – Cheers
- Steve and Jeff – Coupling
- Roy and Moss – IT Crowd
- Alan and Denny – Boston Legal
- Jay and Silent Bob – Clerks
- Berg and Pete – Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place
- Dawson and Pacey – Dawson´s Creek
- Richard Fish and John Cage – Ally McBeal
- Michael Kyle and Franklin Aloysius Mumford – My Wife and Kids
- Jim and Andy – According to Jim
- Alf and Willie – Alf
TOP Ten BROMANCES ON animated TV SHOWS
But you do not need to be human nor be in a TV show with humans. You can be in an animated bromance. So here, the list of the best animated bromances on TV.
- Lenny and Karl – The Simpsons
- Beavis and Butthead – Beavis and Butt-Head
- Tom and Jerry – The Adventures of Tom and Jerry
- Pinky and The Brain – Oinky and The Brain
- Shaggy and Scooby Doo – Where are you Scooby Doo?
- Ren and Stimpy – Ren and Stimpy
- Bart and Milhouse – The Simpsons
- Barney Ruffle and Fred Flintstone – The Flintstones
- SpongeBon and Patrick – SpongeBob SquarePants
- Rocky and Bullwinkle – The Rocky and Bullwinkle
What do you think? Who should be on this list of Bromances on TV shows? Let me know in the comments section. Also, follow me on Twitter for more lists and rankings.