This film is scary, and to think that it is actually based upon a true story is scari-er. But you know what´s not scary? Winning the Blu-Ray edition on a giveaway and watching it at home with your buddies. That´s actually fun! And that´s precisely what you can do now, since the film is coming to Blu-Ray and DVD tomorrow, October 22nd. And, as usual with good launches like this one. I am holding a contest to win it.
Based on a true story, the movie tells the horrifying account of how famed paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren were summoned to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse which they recently bought. In fighting this powerful demonic being, the Warrens find themselves in the middle of the most terrifying case of their lives!
This prize is provided by the movie, but it is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this giveaway. Contest open to US and Canada residents.
The contest starts when this article goes live and lasts until November 12st 12 PM PT.
HOW TO ENTER the conjuring CONTEST AND GIVEAWAY?
Head to the comments below and tell me the scariest paranormal-est story that´s ever happened to you.
The Conjuring 5 Things to know… INTERACTIVE GIFS!
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!
Now for the answers, you´ll have to put yours in the comments section (make sure you fill the form with a valid e-mail address and put guillermo @ seriesandtv.com in your white mail list so if you are the winner you can get my e.mail letting you know, since I´ll contact the winner through e-mail).
HOW TO GET EXTRA ENTRIES:
– Like Series and TV on Facebook
– Like this article on Facebook
– Tweet this article
– Pin This Article
Will you enter The Conjuring contest and giveaway? Let me know in the comments section.
“Each household is only eligible to win 1 The Conjuring Blu-Ray via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”