Image Banks have been a big thing for long time, specially since the beginnings of blogging because they allow content creators to produce better pieces with images under creative commons licensing or royalty free and therefore expanding the quality of the content produced while keeping the production low cost.
But what about when we want to use videos? Well, that´s where BBC Motion Gallery for royalty free videos come in.
Much the same as the image banks I mentioned, in BBC Motion Gallery you can navigate through a variety of subjects and use keywords to discover the snippets and short videos that can suit your needs.
Ranging from business, backgrounds, family life, and lot others.
The Gallery also include materials from BBC, BBC News, CBS News, BBC Sport, CCTV from China, NHK from Japan, ABC from Australia and more. It even includes HD collections.
Some tips to use BBC Motion Gallery
In order for you to use these videos, make sure you:
- Understand properly the terms and conditions.
- Understand the difference between a Free Video and a Royalty Free Video. These are Royalty Free.
- Make sure you understand the “lingo”. What is each type of Video, what you can do with each one. What is a Video Comp and how you can use it.
- Make sure you watch the preview video before you purchase it.
- Make sure you check the More Info and Details of the video to see the quality standards. You want to be certain that you it will be able to be added to your project.
Let me know if you tried it. Follow me on Twitter for more scoop.