One Direction is a band that´s making it big lately, and, following the lines of the great bands of all times, a documentary film is on the way. Maybe some purists say that this cannot be compared to such documentaries; but that does not matter one bit. It is not Peter Bogdanovich and it is not Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, or The Beatles, or Neil Young. But really, who cares. The band managed to capture the hearts of million of fans, and million of fans can´t be wrong. After all, everybody likes what each one likes and that makes it more interesting. So, purists aside, this documentary is going to make it big too.
The film debuts August 30 on Theatres in the United States, followed shortly in other countries. The film is in 3D.
But also, fans who cannot wait until August 30th, can start seeing the film 3 days earlier in 50 US markets.
Selections were made based on the incredible response to One Direction’s announcement last week of the special opportunity for fans to request early screenings of the film in their hometowns. Fans across the country rose to the occasion, and the top list of locations have been posted here: http://1DThisIsUs.tugg.com. Fans can get tickets now – but only while seats last! If their city is not listed, fans still have the opportunity to submit and rally for their hometown to get an early screening.
This announcement kicks off a special “One Month of One Direction,” leading up to the release of the film in the US on August 30th. Encompassing everything fans love about One Direction, Sony Pictures Entertainment and the band have put together an exciting lineup of fan-centric activities to enable everyone to feel involved with the movie and forever engrain themselves in the history of One Direction.
The full lineup of fan driven activities includes:
· Trailer Remix – Fans can create their own fun-packed trailer for the movie and become 1D editors! The Remix Tool, powered by WeVideo, includes such One Direction songs as ‘Little Things’ and ‘Live While We’re Young’ as well as video and sound effects from the original trailer. Once fans create their own Trailer Remix, they are able to share it on the film’s YouTube page as well as with their friends via social networks. www.bit.ly/1DTrailerRemix
· Shazam “Global Scavenger Hunt” – Starting August 22nd, fans embark on an exciting scavenger hunt to unlock an exclusive clip from the movie before it can be seen in theaters. Clues, which will be issued through various One Direction songs, can be found by using the popular Shazam App.
· Spotify “Global Listening Party” – For one special hour on August 25th, fans across the globe will come together for a once-in-a-lifetime listening party to celebrate the release of One Direction: This Is Us. The listening party will be hosted on Spotify and feature exclusive movie content from the band. RSVP to the event now: www.bit.ly/1DSpotifyParty
· Fandango’s “One Decade of Movie Tickets Sweepstakes” and “1D3D” Gift Cards – Celebrating the release of One Direction: This Is Us, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Fandango will team up to offer moviegoers the incredible opportunity to win One Decade worth of movie tickets for participating Fandango theaters. The sweepstakes starts August 12; see Fandango for details on the sweeps and official rules. Advance tickets for the film are now on sale on Fandango at www.fandango.com/1D
· Extended Preview – An extended preview from the movie will run in front of “The Mortal Instruments” when it is in theaters August 21st, one week before the release of “One Direction: This Is Us.”
· World UK Premiere and US Premiere Webcasts – Both premieres will be streamed LIVE online for fans around the world to join in on the big events.
ONE DIRECTION: THIS IS US is a captivating and intimate all-access look at life on the road for the global music phenomenon. Weaved with stunning live concert footage, this inspiring feature film tells the remarkable story of Niall, Zayn, Liam, Harry and Louis’ meteoric rise to fame, from their humble hometown beginnings and competing on the X-Factor, to conquering the world and performing at London’s famed O2 Arena. Hear it from the boys themselves and see through their own eyes what it’s really like to be One Direction.
Directed by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) and produced by Simon Cowell, Adam Milano, Spurlock and Ben Winston.
The cast is of course Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, the One Direction.
Watch the Teaser from One Direction: This Is Us
Watch the trailer from One Direction This Is Us
Follow me on Twitter for more scoop on the film and One Direction.