Satellite TV Company Dish Network bought earlier this year Blockbuster, saving not only the company that was in its swan song roll, but also opening up some big possibilities for Dish having that great catalogue of films.
As we can only imagine, Dish can now show a lot more things, and have the rental video business explore new territories.
Top Ten All Time Box Office Hits
1. Avatar (2009) $760,505,847
2. Titanic (1997) $600,779,824
3. The Dark Knight (2008) $533,316,061
4. Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) $460,935,665
5. Shrek 2 (2004) $436,471,036
6. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) $434,949,459
7. Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) $431,065,444
8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006) $423,032,628
9. Toy Story 3 (2010) $414,984,497
10. Spider-Man (2002) $403,706,375
Some of those were also Blockbuster´s biggest hits after all, and now being on the Dish Network catalogue should only mean good things for Dish, right?
Well, of course we are not looking at the same numbers here, but remember something called The Long Tail? Well Blockbuster´s catalogue had that, and it was really interesting to see if they can explore new ways for that catalogue to see the light.
I am really hoping for the best for Dish, since it has the potential to show us all the greatest movies ever in good prices.
All the questions I had about Dish I asked my good friends of Infinity Dish Twitter Official Acocunt. Perhaps you could do the same.